Thursday, May 29, 2014

From Interns: Thank You


As an intern this summer on Capitol Hill, I'd just like to give you my sincerest gratitude on preparing me for a city that seems indomitable. I love my current position and the people within the office, and with your tips, I realized that I might actually just survive. Although I do love my lowly green badge, I'm glad that I had the foreknowledge to know that it's not a get-out-of-jail free card, nor is it something that I should flash around (I don't mostly due the hideous picture I took). At the metro, I know that standing is to the right, walking is the left (terribly important). The most important thing? Learning to be respectful to everyone. I am here to learn about the working of the Capitol, and being respectful includes listening, dressing modestly, and being humble to everyone at the office. So far, this internship has been great, and I'm terribly lucky to have it. Hopefully the rest of the summer will be just as positive!

Much Love, 

Another Green-Badge Bearing Intern.