Sunday, September 05, 2010

Spotted: Hey Mister Postman...

I asked our intern if she would send out our constituent/district mail to the district office, even handing off the franked mailing labels and proper envelopes to send it off in. So today, the mail comes around and we get two big envelopes filled with mail - the same ones our intern had sent off a couple of days before. Upon further investigation, I saw that the label on the package only had the street address and the name of the building our district office is in. No city, no state, no zip code!

And to make matters worse, the full address to our district office is taped to the intern computer at the desk she sits at! Come on, are we that wrapped up in technology these days that we've forgotten how to address a letter and mail a package??

2 comments:

  1. She probably assumed that the post office would know where your boss' district office is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will say though as a 21 year old I have addressed envelopes in about 3 capacities: when I graduated from high school, internships that required me to mail stuff, and at my internship. When I mailed my graduation announcements I had to ask my mother which side the stamp went and which side the return address went... it is a bad sign for people my age but it is what it is.

    ReplyDelete