Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Heard: I'd be Happy to Take it to the Senator for You

Cool event: Google DC hosted a local celebrity chef for a talk and some treats. They set up a Moderator to vet audience questions in advance. And yet one of the perky young audience members stood up to ask an impromptu question:

"Hi, my name is John, and I work for Senator X. I'm sure you know, Senator X is very concerned with food and agricultural policy with his work on Y committee... so if you have any feedback I'd be happy to take it back to the Senator for you."

Giggles spread throughout the audience. Miss Intern (no red badge but fair guess, no?) earnestly took notes as the chef replied emphatically about the inequities and injustice of corn subsidies. Props to the chef for the good answer to such an inelegantly phrased... um... 'question'.