Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Heard: When is Cinco de Mayo?

This was from a metro ride home on May 5, 2010. Sorry it’s a little late, but better late than never.

I work for a trade association and on my metro ride home, I was blessed to be seated next to DC's most brilliant Senate interns. As their thoughtful conversation progressed I learned they were finishing their time as interns and actually got to meet their respective bosses that week. They then discussed plans for their blow out weekend. Intern A then stopped the conversation with the interjection, "Dude I totally forgot today was Cinco de Mayo." Intern B responded, "Wait, really?" Intern A said, "Yeah, someone reminded me at the end of work and to think I would have missed out on some tequila." Intern B said, "They should really advertise it more, I mean how am I supposed to know that Cinco de Mayo is on May 5th."

Better part of this story was the next day telling my brilliant officemate who is a meeting planner and puts together events for 500+ people and her response. Which was - yeah I never know when Cinco de Mayo is until I get an invitation for a party my friend throws every year on May 5th. It’s confusing.