Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Heard: What was that about Glass Houses?

To the Senate Hilltern riding the Red Line to Tenleytown tonight: I, too, am an intern. And while you might be struggling to adjust to your 9 - 6 hours, aka, a normal workday, I am struggling to adjust to my 12-hour days. At the end of another long day, the last thing I want to do on my Metro ride home is listen to you (tipsily? After all, you apparently get off at 6 but don't head home until 8) chat up first your fellow Hilltern and then, as soon as she gets off at Dupont, turn to the girl sitting next to you who was sweet enough to listen you blather on about how easy your job is, nothing but free food and booze.

Among many other charming anecdotes I learned about you and your life, as I did when I gave up trying to read over the sound of your loud voice, was that you are an avid reader of this very blog! You mentioned that "Like, half the posts are older men complaining about how the girls dress." Your office must not have hired you for your observation skills, since the other half of the posts here are about self-important Hillterns who blather loudly on the Metro. Hope you manage to catch this post, since I told you to be on the look-out for it!