Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Heard: National [Shopping?] Mall

I love your blog, and it makes me quite sad that I don't work on the Hill. However, I work for an Administrative Department in DC. On our intern's first day, he let us know that he was from Maryland and knew D.C. from visiting and even pointed out that he knew landmarks like the 9:30 Club. On his first day, we took him out to lunch at the National Harbor. As we approached, he asked if it was the National Mall, and I replied that no, it was the National Harbor. He pointed out that he knew that the Gaylord Hotel was part of National Harbor, but that the rest of the shopping area was referred to as the National Mall... Sadly, we had to inform him that the National Mall was not an actual shopping complex. He has since been silent about his knowledge of the area.