Saturday, May 29, 2010

Heard: Check your Facts (and don't speak so loud in the halls)

Hi DC Intern Blog,

As a current and former intern, I have enjoyed your stories about my oh-so-important counterparts. I know as an intern, I have less credibility when attacking other interns, but I really had to share this story. Just for the record, though, you will never see me wearing my red badge at any Hill bar or anywhere in the DC area on a day when the House is out of session.

This week I was walking through Cannon, minding my own business when I overheard a young lady describing a man she had met. the description went as follows, "yeah... he looked like Eric Holder, only he was black." I stop, do a quick double take, look at this girl, and sure enough, hanging from a silver chain necklace around her neck is her little red badge of pride. *sigh* I guess no one has ever told her that our Attorney General is in fact, African American.

It's interns like this that give all of us a bad reputation.

Thanks for the laughs, it's always a comic relief reading your stories!

2 comments: