Sunday, July 05, 2009

Spotted: It's the White House!

My internship program paid for my fellow interns and I to tour the Newseum. While we were waiting for our tour to begin we took some time to see the sights. For those who may not know, the Newseum has a spectacular view of the Capitol building. It is very symbolic of the press' role. Being a journalism student I thought that most of my fellow interns would also pick up on the symbolism. I at least thought they would know what building we were looking at. 

This is the point in the story where a fellow intern turns to our entire group and screams, "Look guys, it's the WHITE HOUSE!" We all turn to her with the same face: disgust. The guy standing next to me said, "That is the Capitol building. Why did you even come to DC if you didn't know that?"

 It was a sad day for interns everywhere. And did I mention this girl is my roommate? I have to live with comments like that every day.