Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Spotted: Green Badged Intern

While chatting with a colleague in the halls of Rayburn, a friendly young man approached us and my colleague identified him as the summer intern in his office, his last day also happened to be today. What happened next shook my world.

He was friendly and seemed modest. My colleague complimented his quality of work in front of me, we had a nice discussion and I don't have anything bad to say about this particular intern. But his badge... his badge was... green. It said Intern on it in white lettering, but it was green. I asked him how that happened and he told me some committee interns receive green badges at the request of their offices.

I haven't been able to fully process this yet though. Since support staff have red badges, political staff have red badges (DCCC/NRCC), members families have red badges and fellows have red badges. What's going to prevent all interns from getting green badges?