Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Heard: Show Me Love

A group of interns were walking down the halls of Longworth, perhaps to a meeting...a few had notebooks. One intern in the group started singing a pop song from the late 90s..."Show Me Love" by Robyn. I could hear the girl halfway down a rather long hallway. Then Intern 2 chimes in. Some skipping was involved. I'm not kidding. Then, a debate ensued between Intern 1 and Intern 2 over the next lyrics in the song. Apparently neither could get past the chorus. 

Note to interns: please refrain from such...um, important, debates while walking down the halls of a House office building in which a lot of members like to have the door to their reception room open. Not to mention - singing loudly in the halls is what I would expect from 4 yr old girls coming in for tours...not interns. Consider your surroundings before busting into song again.

12 comments:

  1. I think this is kind of nice. People are too serious during life, and allowing some young adults to take the edge off their day should not be scolded. Maybe we can learn something from them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No fun allowed! We staffers have serious work to do like opening envelopes, watching cable news, checking facebook, and answering telephones! Mreh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'M MISERABLE AND HATE MY JOB YOU SHOULD TOO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow that is bizarre behavior!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a pretty sorry excuse for a DC intern story. The poster is just being overly grouchy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear overzealous, self-absorbed LA. How do you know they were interns? Those halls echo and it's hilarious. I'm in those buidlings quite often for meetings, hearings, etc, and I'm still quite fond of taking advantage of the cavernous echo. Get over yourself...

    ReplyDelete
  7. who gives a shit?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I use to love that song. Glad someone remembers it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOOH! I got a green badge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This posting reminds me that, as a non-Hill person, this blog makes us hate some of the staffers just as much as some of the interns.

    ReplyDelete
  11. As a former staffer, I know it's a pain in the ass when I'm trying to listen to a constituent or someone returning my phone call about legislation and there's so much noise in the hallway that I can't hear the person on the other end of the phone. Also, when people are meeting in the front part of the office and can't hear each other over the din caused by loud interns, the behavior interferes with getting work done. Taking longer in meetings, phone calls, etc. means I had to stay later in the office, putting me in a bad mood. Being incredibly loud is also, I dunno, RUDE! That said, I was priviledged to work with some great interns that I still keep in touch with. Not all interns are idiots and suck, but loud 'terns shut the f up and act like a professional. When you get out of the office and onto the street, let loose ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. ...How do you know the noise was/is caused by interns?

    ReplyDelete