Friday, July 17, 2009

Heard: Please Move to the Center of the Car

We all know that the Red Line is on the fritz, all the time, and it's almost always crammed during rush hour, right? Wrong. This morning, a young man got on the Red Line and yelled at everyone in the car to "move to the center of the car" because he "needed to get to work sometime today." Well none of us could yield to his rude request as we were already packed in so tight we may as well have been in a mosh pit. After no one moves he continues to irritate everyone on the car by thanking us, sarcastically, for not moving into the car. I looked over to give a warning glare, and what do I see, a red intern badge. Not only did he have the audacity to yell at everyone on the metro, but he continued to complain about how cramped it was and how he couldn't be sweaty when he got to work.

We all know you have an important job to do, carrying things in between buildings today, but if I were him, I would have kept my mouth shut.