Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Heard: Photo Op

Last summer, I interned on The Hill.  One week for the Intern speaker series, Colin Powell came and talked to us.  After a very well delivered talk about overcoming adversity, etc., he asks if anyone has any questions.  Of course everybody many people want to raise their hands in order to give a speech/ask a question.  Sadly, the first person that is called on to ask a question asks if he can come up and take a picture with Mr. Powell.  Those of us that actually have some class just shake our heads in horror.

6 comments:

  1. I was there, it was pretty bad he looked like an idiot I don't think he actually thought he would get picked to ask a question

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's wrong with that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was there for that!

    still embarrasses me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's much classier to write an anonymous comment about someone on the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was there for that last year and I'm pretty sure everybody including Mr. Powell thought it was funny and cute and not even close to horrifying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Going to have to agree with the last post here.

    ReplyDelete