Thursday, June 18, 2009

Spotted: One Tequila, Two Tequila, Three Tequila, Floor

I was happily sealing envelopes with the standard issue glue stick, when the other [under-21] intern in the office bursts into the office.  I had seen a small gathering down the hall from us at a prominent member of the other party's office, and there were a few snacks and a six pack of beer or two that I could see.

This intern dashes over to me and whispers in the loudest whisper possible, "THEY HAVE TEQUILA!"  I was taken aback for a second as the heavy scent of tequila breath washed over me, but regained my composure and said something about some light after lunch margaritas.  She replied, "No, man, they let me mix it myself!  [Member's] office is the SHIT!"

She bounced back out of the office, obviously pleased with herself for pilfering congressional alcohol.  An awkward, two-minute silence fell over the office.  Finally, the legislative director says, "Doesn't she have a [Capitol] tour at 2:15?"

I led the tour.