Thursday, June 18, 2009

Spotted: It's an Intern-Eat-Cheese World

I arrived late to a reception in the Rayburn Foyer one night and aside from the bar, all that was left was a big chunk of cheese and some crackers. I cut the chunk up a little bit and offered around the pieces to my friends. As we sat there chatting and enjoying our beers we watched with amusement as one intern placed the entire remaining chunk of cheese on his plate, added some crackers, and started walking away from the table. Another intern walked up to him and said, "dude, what do you think you're doing? You took all the cheese!" The cheese-snatcher shouted back, indicating that he got there first and he was taking the cheese. As the exchange continued and got louder, my friends and I started moving away from the table, sure an actual fight would break out. In the end, one intern was full and the other unhappy. Moral of the story: if you want free cheese, get there early. It's an intern eat cheese world out there.