Sunday, June 07, 2009

Heard: Thank You - From a Former Intern

Just discovered your blog and love it. As someone who interned last year I can totally understand how staffers and DC natives hate interns. Luckily I think the staffers liked me, mainly because I didn't step on their toes and did whatever they wanted me to. Also I was the only intern who could play softball competitively, which was a boost.

But there is something I have to admit. On days we had softball games, I would always sign up to guard a field on the mall, usually taking the 12 PM shift. But really you can't blame me, cause all I had to do was sit in the sun for a couple of hours and it sure beat answering phones and doing mail. And the staffers seemed to appreciate me getting the closest field to the Hart building, so I had that going for me.