Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Heard: Majority Leader Pelosi

As a DC intern for the past two summers who is returning again this summer for a third internship, I want to tell you how much I love your site. I have lived in intern housing and I tend to agree that as a whole interns are somewhat idiotic alcoholics. I think the big difference between interns are those who work on the hill and those who don't. The best thing about hill interns is they are somehow high on the power and think that answering phones makes them amazing.

My favorite intern moment ever.

Intern Roommate: I met some Congressman today, he seemed to think he was all important but he just just an old dude.
Me: Who was it?
Intern Roommate: Some guy named Steny, dumb name.
Me: Steny Hoyer? He is the majority leader.
Intern Roommate: No you idiot that is Nancy Pelosi. I thought you knew something about politics.