Thursday, June 18, 2009

Heard: Football Player or Stripper

Thanks to construction on the Red Line this weekend I was stuck at the Chinatown Stop for 15 minutes on Friday night, just enough time to allow this gem of a conversation to occur. An intern comes to the middle of the car and yells out, "Excuse me everyone! My name is (blank) and I am going to play professional football one day!" he proceeds to go on and on about his stats and how we should YouTube him. While this was odd in itself he finishes it up with "And if that fails I am just going to become a stripper, I look great in a bow tie. But until then I am a DC intern!" with a huge grin on his face and his red badge still on (its 1 AM). Mind you this kid was way too short to ever be a professional football player so it looks like he is going to have to stick with his stripper career option.